Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Introduction

I think that it goes without saying that no person intentionally tries to make their life harder.  Yet when it comes to a person's health, more often than not, people continually make choices that making living healthier harder.  I know because I used to be one of those people.  Before college, before an education, before spending the last five years making my living as a personal trainer, I was an obese teenager, tipping the scales at 260lbs.  That is a lot of weight on my 5'8" body.  Since making the transition to living a healthy life, and losing over 100lbs on my own, I have had the opportunity to work with many people following the same pursuit.  Most have been successful, a few have not.  Some have not given up and are still in the hunt. Those who have been truly successful at a change like mine did not view healthy living and exercise as a fad but as a life change.  I call this blog Born Again Fitness because to me that captures what fitness and healthy lifestyle is all about: claiming responsibility and control of your health.  For someone like myself, that had to lose that kind weight to be healthy, it is literally a new lease on life, you have a new beginning, almost like being born a second time.
I am not going to claim that I have all the answers but I have learned more than I thought possible, not just about exercise, nutrition, and all of the science surrounding the field. But, also about myself.  I consider fitness, not to be a way to occupy  few hours of time each week, but a lifestyle. I have had the opportunity to work with obese people, people who could be fitness models, athletes, diabetics, people transitioning from physical therapy into regular exercise programs, people in wheel chairs and many more.  I have been fortunate enough to become a frequent guest on the Dave Elswick radio show 102.9FM in Little Rock or www.karnnewsradio.com
My hope is that you will find my story inspiring and the information applicable to you in your own pursuit of living a healthy lifestyle.  It confronting the flaws within yourself and working to overcome them will probably be the most daunting challenge of your life.  But the rewards are well worth the lessons and hard work.  Remember, despite whatever setbacks may occur, no one ever fails until they give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment